The textbook rental programme in primary schools covers the areas of reading, mathematics, science, and language arts. Students are also provided with an atlas and a dictionary
The programme in the technical/vocational schools covers all areas of study where students are loaned instruments and equipment for the duration of their programme of study.
In the new aspects of the programme - early childhood centres, primary, secondary, remedial and special education schools - resources are acquired for the respective schools to work with the adolescent students.
Collaboration of all partners in education is critical to the success of the programme.
- Principals marketing the programme to their school community and implementing the Textbook Rental Unit school team.
- Teachers conducting spot checks of the books during the year, to monitor the condition and use of the books.
- Parents ensuring that their children use the books with care and fulfilling their obligations under the contract.
- Students taking care of the books assigned to them.
- On-the-job trainees assisting in running the programme at the school level