• JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 231
Monday, 25 February 2013 15:18

Student Transfers

Written by 
Rate this item
(9 votes)

Transferring My Child from One School to Another

A child’s parent or legal guardian may request that the child be transferred:

  • From one Primary School to another Primary School.
  • From one Junior Secondary School to another Junior Secondary School.
  • From one Secondary School to another Secondary School.

The Ministry of Education also allows a child to be transferred from a Junior Secondary School to a five-year Secondary School provided the child is tested and has produced results satisfactory to both the principal of the school and the Ministry.

The School Supervision Division of the Ministry of Education is the only authority that can authorize the transfer of a child from one school to another.

How do I transfer my child?

The transfer process has several simple steps.

  • Contact the principal of the school to which you would like your child transferred.  The decision to accept your child will be based on whether or not there is space available in the school.
  • If the principal at the new school agrees to accept your child, the principal will complete a Transfer Form and give that form to you.
  • You must then take the Transfer Form to the principal of your child’s current school for his or her signature.  By signing the form, your child’s current principal is agreeing to release your child to be transferred.
  • You must return the signed form to the School Supervision District Office for approval by the District School Supervisor III.  You can do so in one of two ways:
  • Return the form to your child’s new school so that the school can forward it to the School Supervision District Office.
  • Return the form directly to the School Supervision District Office, using the contact information in the table below.

Once the District School Supervisor III approves the form, you will be informed and can begin the registration process at your child’s new school.

District Office

District School Supervisor III

Contact Information


Mr. Nedd Mac Cree

Tel. (868) 636-4800/4876
Fax. (868) 636-4839

North Eastern 

Mr. Bernard Tappin

Tel. (868) 668-6256
Fax. (868) 668-2240

Port Of Spain & Environs

Ms. Judith Pereira

Tel. (868) 623-2315
Fax. (868) 623-1275

South Eastern 

Mr. Seelochan Roopnarine

Tel. (868) 655-2759

St. George East 

Mr. Anthony Dalrymple

Tel. (868) 645-7516
Fax. (868) 645-7520 or (868) 668-2240

St. Patrick

Mr. Manchoon Sooknanan

Tel. (868) 657-9286
Fax. (868) 653-3445


Ms Allard

Tel. (868) 639-5680


Ms Joyce Barnett

Tel. (868) 653-7118

Where can I find more information?

More information can be obtained from the School Supervision Division of the Ministry of Education.  You may contact the School Supervision Division’s office Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, except public holidays.

School Supervision Division
Ministry of Education
18 Abercromby Street
Port of Spain
Trinidad, West Indies
Tel. (868) 623-9885
Fax. (868) 624-6412 or (868) 623-0661
E-mail. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Read 10186 times

Login Form